Ugadi special food recipe – Obbattu or Holige
On the platter : Obbattu or Holige, Beans Palya, Kosumbari, Kaalu Palya
Recipe for Obbattu:
Step1: Prepare stuffing
- Add lentil, jaggery, elaichi and water to a vessel and boil until all water evaporated,set aside and let it cool for 10mins.
- Then to a mixter jar add the serving and grind to a paste without adding water.(Not to be too runny) And then add grated coconut to it and mix well.
Step2: Making dough
- To a bowl add maida or all-purpose flour, turmeric powder, oil,pinch salt, water and knead well to consistency of hard dough (not to be runny)
- Set aside for 30mins.
Step 3: Preparing chapatis or Obbattu
- Take a small portion of the dough and press it to make it a lil bigger.
- Then take a small portion less than that of the dough, place in center and enclose it with the dough completely like that of momos.
- Now start to press the dough again until its flat, thin and that of a chapathi.
- Carefully transfer it to the heated pan, add lil oil on top and cook both the sides and remove.
- Now enjoy the hot Obbattu or Holige with topping Ghee.